ReFreeDrive partners attended last 25-26th September Coiltech fair and its well-known World Magnetic Conference to share the project results achieved so far with the main experts from industry and academia in the field of electric mobility.
The active participation of ReFreeDrive partners at Coiltech will maximize project results dissemination, as well as allow partners to obtain valuable feedback from stakeholders or potential users of the motors. Since Coiltech was launched in 2010, it has been constantly growing year by year. In the 2019 edition, 409 companies from 26 countries exhibited at Coiltech; and more than 3000 visitors coming from 53 nations attended the fair. You can visit the official event website (www.visitcoiltech.com) to get more information about the event and its upcoming editions.
Regarding the 2019 World Magnetic Conference, a total of 63 presentations were held, covering topics such as electric powertrains, transformers and batteries, among others. Within the “Advanced Powertrains for Electric Vehicles” session, ReFreeDrive partners made the following presentations:
– Rare earth free e-drives featuring low cost manufacturing. (Fundación Cidaut)
– High-speed 200kW ferrite-assisted SynRel motor for electrical vehicles. (IFP Energies Nouvelles)
– Optimization of a high speed copper rotor induction motor for a traction application. (Motor Design Limited)
– Synchronous reluctance motors for traction applications. (University of L’Aquila)
– Rare-earth free drive units for powertrain electrification. (Jaguar Land Rover)
– Copper in e-mobility. Manufacturing technologies for copper rotors. (European Copper Institute, Aurubis and Breuckmann eMobility)
All these presentations are already available in our Downloads section. Furthermore we are preparing a video summarizing the main achievements of the project in the first two years. We are really excited about that and we are eager to share it with you. Check our page regularly for new announcements!