Recently we have received the official notification that our first Project Periodic Report has been positively audited by the EU. It’s always great to know that our hard work is rewarded, and this approval is the perfect boost to face the upcoming challenges of the project.
As short summary of the activities carried out, the main achievements of this first half of the project are:
– Boundary conditions for all motor configurations have been established for both 75kW and 200kW power levels.
– The designs of Induction motor and Synchronous Reluctance motor have been optimized from an electromagnetic, mechanical and thermal point of view, in order to accomplish the Key Performance Indicators defined in the proposal stage, as well as their right operation in their final application.
– Power Electronic technologies have been assessed according to the technical requirements of the motors.
– Single actions for each manufacturing activity have been planned.
– A first Intellectual Property Rights and a business plan have been defined.
– A technological watch of the main electric vehicles markets and electric motor technologies has been performed.
Now it’s time to focus on manufacturing and testing activities. We’re eager for developing and showing you our first prototypes as soon as possible!
The best is yet to come, so don’t forget to check our channels regularly to stay up-to-date with the latest events and developments of ReFreeDrive.